Providers have all seen the dreaded Attending Physicians Statement of Disability…they are all different, confusing, redundant, and require time consuming, handwritten answers.
At EDDIS-ABEX, we understand the frustration that all providers in the medical and mental health industry have experienced when completing Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability documentation forms.
- We have heard the common complaints and questions:
- What do they want on their form?
- Why can’t there be an easier way to document this information?
- Why isn’t there a universal form?
- You may be a Psychologist, or a Chiropractor, or a Dentist, or a Physical Therapist, etc., and you receive an Attending Physicians Statement and ask: Why was this sent to me, I’m not a physician?
You have asked and we have answered.
No one ever tells you, the provider, that you do not have to use that disability form (Attending Physician’s Statement) given to you by the patient, or sent to you from the company administering the disability benefit.
The first and only electronic Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability documentation system that was designed specifically for all medical & mental health providers.
We changed the title from the Attending Physician's Statement of Disability to the Attending Provider's Statement of Disability, which is an all provider inclusive form, and is universal for both Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. We also developed a Surgical Disability Statement, and an Obstetrical Delivery Disability Statement.
Because nobody goes off of work on disability for normal exam findings, we have developed electronic documentation forms that only focuses on the abnormal objective findings, which is what the disability examiner is looking for, and what causes your patient to not be able to work. Our forms only address the pertinent information that is actually needed for your patient's Short-Term Disability or Long-Term Disability absence.
HOW EDDIS-ABEX works:
- The patient requests the provider complete a disability form.
- The provider generates the form in EDDIS-ABEX.
- The provider completes the form.
- The provider saves the form to their office computer.
- The provider forwards the form to the agency requesting the disability documentation.
- EDDIS-ABEX does not have access to patients protected information, which results in a cost savings feature for us that we pass on to the provider.
BENEFITS of EDDIS-ABEX Attending Providers Statement of Disability and Surgical Disability Statement forms:
- Easy to use, it literally only requires the click of a mouse or tap of your fingertip.
- Very little typing.
- No more guesswork, everything is laid out for you.
- Select only what is relevant to the patient’s inability to work.
- Is universal, sensible, and easy to complete.
- No more confusion.
- No more handwriting.
- No more aggravation.
- No more lengthy forms.
- No more redundant questions.
- No more irrelevant questions.
- Form can be completed in less than a minute during the actual examination/office visit.
- Time savings, which results in cost savings.
Disability documentation does not have to be difficult.
EDDIS-ABEX the solution to short-term disability and long-term disability documentation!